Wednesday, August 24, 2011

TTM Success - Roy Sievers

I was lucky enough to get another TTM success today when I got this response from the 1949 AL Rookie of the Year, Roy Sievers.Sievers is my 27th TTM success. He signs for free. I mailed to him on August 10 and got the ball back today (August 24) making it a 14-day TAT. Not too bad. I love that he included the ROY 1949 inscription.

Sievers played from 1949 to 1965 for the Browns, Senators, White Sox and Phillies. He was a teammate of Virgil Trucks in 1953. Pretty cool!

Sievers led the AL in home runs with 42 in 1957 and finished third in the MVP voting that year.

When he retired, he had 1,703 hits, 318 home runs, 1,147 RBI and a lifetime average of .267. A pretty solid career, that's for sure.

I'm really glad I got this ball back. Being that Sievers was a St. Louis Brown, that is pretty cool, since they went on to become the Orioles in 1954. Too bad he didn't get to play in Baltimore.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Nice success man! You've done a great job tracking down all the older guys that are still around, nice job!