Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cooperstown Pickups

I checked out a bunch of memorabilia shops while in Cooperstown. I was looking for something cool to add to the china cabinet in my man cave. I was hoping for something vintage that I wouldn't normally find elsewhere. I was a little disappointed for a while because it seemed like everything I was seeing was either overpriced or it was something I didn't necessarily need...

Finally, I found a shop that had a lot of random vintage stuff. They had a sweet Orioles bobble head from the 50s, but they wanted $245 for it... yeahhh, that wasn't going home with me. I can find one elsewhere cheaper, hopefully... I did, however, find a couple old glasses that I thought looked cool. I loved the above A's glass because of the colors and the elephant. Below, I chose the Senators glass because that is the team that my dad watched as a kid (even though he has gone on record saying he'd rather watch paint dry instead of a game...).

I've got more stuff to show off, but I'm going to space it out. I was amazed at all the memorabilia shops. It was definitely heaven for a collector like me. So many autographed baseballs. Oh man...

1 comment:

The Lost Collector said...

That A's cup is pretty cool!