Saturday, March 2, 2019

TTM Success - Max Alvis

I got a couple nice vintage cards back signed from this TTM success from Max Alvis.  The above 1966 Topps turned out really well.  That's a pretty cool Indians jersey that he has on.
This 1970 Topps also looks really nice.  I had to pick this up from Sportlots to include with my TTM request so I would have more than one card.

Alvis (b. 1938) played in the majors from 1962 to 1970 for the Indians and Brewers.  He had 895 hits, 111 home runs and a .247 batting average.  He was a two-time All Star (1965 and 1967) and finshed a career-best 17th in the AL MVP voting (1963).

I mailed to Alvis on January 15 and got the cards back on February 1, for a 17-day TAT.

1 comment:

Commishbob said...

Someone on Twitter the other day asked about a player you always seemed to pull from packs, or something like that. I answered Jimmy Wynn but now that I see this post I'm thinking Max Alvis would have been the real answer. I always seemed to have multiples of him. Nice to see he's still alive and kicking, and he's got a nice sig!