Saturday, March 16, 2019

TTM Success - Luis Pujols

I was finally able to get a few team set cards completed by Luis Pujols via TTM.  I has this 2015 NY-Penn League All Star card for a while, since I had tried to get some of the Ironbirds as they came up through Frederick.  I had hoped that I would get a chance to get Pujols, but he has since left the Orioles organization.
Pujos also signed these cards for me.  The card on the left is the second Charleston Charlies card that I picked up.  I thought the uniform looked cool.

Pujols (b. 1955) played in the majors from 1977 to 1985 for the Astros, Royals and Rangers.  He had 164 hits, 6 home runs and a .193 batting average.  He managed the Detroit Tigers in 2002, taking over for Phil Garner after the Tigers got off to an 0-6 start.  Pujols didn't fare any better, the Tigers went 55-100 with him at the helm.

According to Wikipedia, Luis Pujols is a cousin of Albert Pujols.

I mailed to Pujols on February 11 and got the cards back on February 25, for a 14-day TAT.

No comments: