Saturday, March 9, 2019

Some RedsFest 50/50s

It took him a while to send them back, but I got some nice 50/50s in the mail from a kid in Illinois who went to RedsFest.  He contacted me a while back about taking some stuff for this upcoming season, then we got to talking about RedsFest.  I had a ton of Buddy Bell stuff, so it was easy to get him a package together.
I was all excited because I would knock Bell off of my 87 list, except I realized that I picked him up at the National last year.  Oh well, I'll replace that one with this one, since it looks so nice.
I had a bunch of these Father/Son cards, both from 1985 (top) and 1976 (bottom).  I won't be able to get Gus on these cards, but still, it was nice to get some of them signed.
I actually received a TTM success from Sal Romano recently that had the 2018 Update in it (left), but I'll give that one to Chris for his album.
I had a bunch of Cody Reed cards that I had sat aside for when I saw Louisville play at Norfolk, so those were also easy to find and add to the mailer.
I was really glad to get all of these signed, and Andrew, the kid who did the 50/50 for me, got a bunch done for himself also.  He was upset that he forgot to mail the cards back, but it's all good.  Those things happen.

Thanks for taking the 50/50, Andrew!

No comments: