Sunday, November 27, 2022

Two Tough 87s Added to the Album

These two signed 1987 Topps cards are two of the tougher ones to add to the set.  I got up with someone on Facebook (Marty S.) who was dismantling his signed set.  So, I bought these two off of him, and had him put aside a few more for a later purchase.

I had written to Tony Walker several times, but had gotten RTS on everything I sent.  When I saw this one available, I went ahead and took the deal, so I could cross him off of my list.

Walker (b. 1959) played in the majors in 1986 for the Astros.  He had 20 hits, 2 home runs and a .222 batting average.
I had sent to Shepherd a while back, but never got anything in return.  This signature is really faint, so if a signing comes up, I'll probably try to upgrade this one at some point.

Shepherd (b. 1960) played in the majors from 1984 to 1986 for the Blue Jays.  He had 18 hits, 2 home runs and a .167 batting average.

I'm looking to scrape together some more money to buy a few more cards off of Marty, so I can keep pushing this set toward completion.  I know that Ricky Wright (and Dick Howser and Roy Lee Jackson) will keep this out of reach, but I'm going to keep trying.

1 comment:

Jafronius said...

Still loving the progress you're making on the set, keep going!