Sunday, November 20, 2022

TTM Success - Lou Skizas

This is my first post with the new scanner that I bought yesterday.  It seems like this one does pretty well, after taking forever to set up (stupid wifi router was giving me trouble).  Anyway, this 1957 Topps that I got back TTM from Lou Skizas turned out really nicely.  I think this is going to be a pretty nice scanner.  I believe it may be the 4th or 5th one that I've had over the life of this blog (dating back to 2008).  The Epson that I just parted with was pretty decent, but stopped working the other night, and it would have cost me the price of this new scanner just to replace the ink, let alone repair it.  So, I have a new HP Deskjet that I got as an early Black Friday deal, so I'm pretty happy about that.  Anyway, back to this nice signed 1957 Topps.

Skizas (b. 1932) played in the majors from 1956 to 1959 for the Yankees, A's (Kansas City), Tigers and White Sox.  He had 196 hits, 30 home runs and a .270 batting average.

I mailed to Skizas on October 25 and got the card back on November 3, for an 8-day TAT.

No comments: