Friday, July 29, 2016

TTM Success - Johnny O'Brien

I received a TTM success today from former player, Johnny O'Brien.  His cards were some of the last that I have been waiting on that I bought at the Columbia antique shop back in April.  I'm happy that I have gotten the cards back, because I was beginning to worry.

The above 1956 Topps turned out really nice, I think.  I like the play at second base depicted on the card in the background.  1956 Topps is a really nice set, and I believe more and more that I am going to go for this set sometime soon.  Of course, I need to get the Mantle.
This 1959 Topps also turned out nicely.  I'm glad I was able to get this one signed, as well.

O'Brien (b. 1930) played in the majors from 1953 and 1955 to 1959 for the Pirates, Cardinals and Braves.  He missed the 1954 season due to military service.  He had 204 hits, 4 home runs and a .250 batting average over his major league career.  He also pitched in 25 games (61.0 IP) in his career.  He had a career won-loss record of 1-3 with a 5.61 ERA and 30 strike outs.

I mailed to him on April 18 and got the cards back today, for a 102-day TAT.

No comments: