Thursday, July 22, 2010

Being Let Down

I've learned in my close to 30 year existence some very important things. One of the most important things that I have learned is that no matter how highly you regard someone, it is human nature for them to let you down. Your friends, your family and obviously, your sports heroes.

People make mistakes every day. I sure do. If I weren't able to forgive, then I sure would be a lonely person. No one is perfect.
It has been 5 years since Rafael Palmeiro was caught using performance enhancing drugs. The circumstances surrounding these events is still clouded in mystery. I still don't know how to feel about it. I sure wish I could unlearn what I have learned, but you can't go back and change the past.

Maybe you can read between the lines and see the underlying message. Rafael Palmeiro is just an anecdote. A fable, if you will. Life will let you down. Its up to you to forgive and move on. Life is way too short...

No comments: