Monday, July 8, 2024

June 27, 2024, Graphing of the IronPigs at Bulls

After some time away, I have quite a bit to post.  The time away from the blog was unintentional; I haven't gotten hardly any TTMs and I was prepping hard for my annual graphing road trip.  The trip is now behind me, and was a big success.  As a warmup for the trip, I went to Durham with Jesse on Thursday, June 27 to see thr Lehigh Valley IronPigs take on the Bulls.  Jesse and I went for arrival and racked.  One of the big gets for us was Kody Clemens, who was with Lehigh Valley on rehab.
I was really excited to get Mick Abel on several cards.  I had heard he was kind of tough, but he stopped for us twice.  I got some good cards signed, which got a bunch out of my boxes.
I got a few Aramis Garcia out of my Box Of Shame after having a bunch left over last season after I had seen him before.  Darick Hall was cool; I am out of his cards now. Andrew Bellatti wouldn't sign outside, but was nice enough inside.  He only would do one card, though.  I had taken the card that Jesse had because he was going after Freddy Tarnok after the game.  David Buchanan was cool.  We listened to him talk to the guys in the IronPigs bullpen about horror movies.
I was able to get some random cards out of the boxes like my 2019 Midwest League All Star card of Nick Podkul, my 2022 Heritage Minors Esteban Quiroz or my 2017 Bowman Freddy Tarnok.
Some recent releases got signed pretty quickly like my 2024 Heritage and 2024 Series 2 Weston Wilson cards.  They turned out nicely.
While I was getting a Scott Kingery relic card signed for a friend of mine, Jesse got this green parallel from Gypsy Queen done for me.  I was glad he chose this card. 
I was really excited to see that Tyler Alexander was with the Bulls.  I had this 2015 NY-Penn League All Star card for a long time, and it is now finally signed.
I cleared out all of my Alexander cards during this trip.  I also added a couple more Shane Baz to the autograph album before he was called back up to the majors.
Finally, Jesse and I got several of the Bulls guys to sign.  I was glad Jesse got to meet Jeffrey Springs, a former Wood Duck.  I was also glad to finally get Tyler Zuber.

In all, we got the following autographs: Mick Abel x 14, Andrew Bellatti x 1, David Buchanan x 4, Ryan Buchter x 5, Ruben Cardenas x 1, Kody Clemens x 1, Aramis Garcia x 4, Tyler Gilbert x 1, Darick Hall x 4, Buddy Kennedy x 2, Scott Kingery x 2, Max Lazar x 1, Simon Muzziotti x 2, Nick Nelson x 1, Ricardo Pinto x 1, Nick Podkul x 1, Esteban Quiroz x 2, Freddy Tarnok x 2, Weston Wilson x 4, Tyler Alexander x 14, Shane Baz x 6, Rob Brantly x 9, Trevor Brigden x 1, Jacob Lopez x 5, Jake Mangum x 7, Kam Misner x 2, Erasmo Ramirez x 2, Manuel Rodriguez x 2, Ronny Simon x 3, Jeffrey Springs x 2 and Tyler Zuber x 6 (112 total autographs). 

No comments: