Monday, July 29, 2024

July 23, 2024, Graphing of the Legends at Dirty Birds

On my way to Cleveland for the 2024 National, I met up with my friend, Michael, in Charleston to catch the Lexington Legends at Charleston Dirty Birds.  Greg Zaun is managing the Legends and Arthur Rhodes is their pitching coach.  These were two former Orioles that I wanted to get to sign some cards. 
I cleaned out the rest of the Charleston cards that I had, including a couple more Delino Deshields, Jr. that I found in a box just a couple days before i left for the show.  I was also happy that I finally got my David Lebron Frederick Keys team set card signed.
It took me a while to find some Zaun cards, but I found enough for both Michael and I.  I found some JT Riddle cards in the same box I found the Deshields cards in.  I also got a Midwest League All Star team.set card signed by Brady Whalen.
When Michael and I were looking at teams to see on the way to Cleveland, I saw that former Wood Duck. Nic Laio was on Lexington.  I was able.to finally get his 2021 Wood Ducks team set card signed.  I'm down to just a couple cards left to complete that set.
While I didn't find a whole lot of Greg Zaun cards, I found a ton of Arthur Rhodes cards. 
I loaded a ton of the cards into my book, then also got some help from my friend, Josh, who lives near Charleston.
Josh and his friend Jimmy came to the game, which was the first time I've seen Josh in person since he and I went to Myrtle Beach during the full throes of COVID.  He has since gotten married and now has a one-year old son.  I wish I could have also seen his wife and son, but the little guy isn't quite old enough to catch a Dirty Birds game.  I'm glad Josh brought Jimmy along; Jimmy isn't a huge baseball fan but enjoyed himself and seems to be turning into a fan.  It really made me happy that Josh went out of his way to get to the game to see me.

In all, I got the following autographs: Delino DeShields Jr x 2, Phil Ervin x 6, David Lebron x 1, Cristofer Ogando x 1, Korry Howell x 2, Nic Laio x 3, Arthur Rhodes x 19, JT Riddle x 2, Brady Whalen x 1 and Gregg Zaun x 4 (41 total autographs).

No comments: