Tuesday, July 30, 2024

2024 National Free Signer - Doc Gooden

The 2024 National has come and gone.  I picked up a decent amount of stuff and still cake home with a little money in my pocket.  I wanted to lead off with the first free signer, Doc Gooden, who was one of the VIP party signers.  I wanted Doc on this 2000 Topps Chrome All Star Rookies card.  I thought the card was cool, since he only played one game with the Astros in 2000.
I also got a 1985 Fleer, 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen and a 2016 Topps Bunt signed after a couple trips through the line and a little help from Michael's Uncle Stanley.

Gooden was really nice, and it was cool to meet him.  It was a great way to start the show.

FYI, I don't plan on doing each and every signer/pickup in order.  I want to mix the posts up.  We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Brett Alan said...

I got Doc's autograph at a signing at a supermarket a few years back. I found him to be very nice as well.