Tuesday, July 9, 2024

June 28, 2024, Graphing of the Dirty Birds at Rockers

The next stop before Chris and I went on our road trip was to High Point to see the Rockers take on the Charleston Dirty Birds.  Originally (back in February), Charleston had reportedly signed former Wood Duck, Anderson Tejeda.  Now, I can't find that transaction anywhere.  So, the next best thing for me was to get my above 2014 Bowman Sterling (that I finally found) signed by Colin Moran.
I had picked up a few lots of cards from Ebay, which included several Taylor Guerreri and Cam Bedrosian.  The 2018 Topps negative parallel of Bedrosian turned out great.
I got some more Frank Violas signed, along with some Clint Fraziers.  We were lucky to get Frazier, because he retired a few days after we saw him.
Frazier was nice but he made it pretty clear that he didn't enjoy playing in the Independent League. Still, it was great adding him to the autograph album. 
A couple of the ebay pickups that I got done included the above gold mini refractor of Taylor Guerreri and a 2017 Topps Mini.  Both of these turned out great.

In all, Chris and I got the following autographs: Phil Ervin x 4, Clint Frazier x 6, Cam Bedrosian x 4, Taylor Guerrieri x 12, Jameson McGrane x 1, Colin Moran x 4, Neil Ramirez x 1 and Frank Viola x 6 (38).

No comments: