Friday, May 5, 2023

TTM Success - Hank Williams Jr

Another signed 1987 Topps checklist has made its way to the album, along with a filler card and a 2010 Topps Houston Astros team history card; all signed by music legend, Hank Williams, Jr.
I had seen that Williams was signing TTM, so I got these three cards together and sent them out.  They turned out nicely.  I k ow some folks don't understand why I get the checklist or filler cards signed; I like to add folks who (loosely) were active in 87 on the hundreds of checklists I have remaining.  Maybe not hundreds, but it seems that way.  Anyway, it's fun to have a page or two at the back of the album with these random politicians and celebrities.  The filler cards are probably proof that I can't throw anything away, but they still look cool in the album. 

Williams (b. 1949) was born into the music industry.  He has blazed a path apart from his famous father, and made a name for himself in his own right. He has a tie to the sports world, as the singer of the former opening song to Monday Night Football.

I mailed to Williams on January 23 and got the cards back on February 6, for a 14-day TAT. 

1 comment:

Jafronius said...

I wonder what ol' Hank was thinking when he got the cards. Very cool though!