Wednesday, September 9, 2026

August 29, 2026, Graphing of the Tides at Bulls

The Norfolk Tides were back in Durham two weeks ago. Jesse and I went that Saturday to try and see a couple Orioles who were on rehab. Felix Bautista was the big (pun intended) target for us. Bautista is coming back from his second major surgery (shoulder). He was actually the first player we got when we got inside the ballpark. I was glad to get a 2026 Topps done.
He also signed a 2024 Topps. We almost finished all of the Enrique Bradfield cards that I had. I finally got Juaron Watts-Brown and Payton Eeles. I jad cards put aside for them for a little while now. I also got Yaramil Hiraldo on a 2025 Topps Update.
We finally got Heston Ljerstad at a game. He's usually pretty tough, but came right over for us. I finally got my 2024 Norfolk team set cards done of Kjerstad and Albert Suarez.
It was a nice surprise to get Joe Boyle. He was in a good mood for once, so my team set card from last year got done. I had picked up several Oliver Dunn cards at the National, and they all got signed, so I'm out of him again. Jake Fraley was down in Durham on rehab, so Jesse and I got him, as well. Mason Englert was in a hurry, but stopped for me and signed my negative parallel. He's such a great guy, and I'm always glad to get him.
Finally, I got two more cards from the National done (the 2023 Topps Chrome refractor of Michael Grove, and the 2023 Topps Chrome negative parallel of Blake Sabol). I also had no shame in asking the handler of Champ the Bat Dog to sign his team set card. 

In all, we got the following autographs: Silas Ardoin x 4, Felix Bautista x 2, Enrique Bradfield x 5, Juaron Watts-Brown x 7, Payton Eeles x 1, Jud Fabian x 2, Yaramil Hiraldo x 1, Heston Kjerstad x 2, Albert Suarez x 2, Jeff Ware x 1 and Yosver Zulueta x 2, Joe Boyle x 2, Keoni Derenne x 2, Oliver Dunn x 11, Mason Englert x 1, Jake Fraley x 2, Michael Grove x 2, Blake Sabol x 3 and Champ the Bat Dog('s handler) x 2 (54 total autographs). 

No comments: