Friday, September 11, 2026

TTM Success - Marty Castillo

A huge addition to the 1987 Topps set happened for me a few months ago. I saw a private signing with Marty Castillo pop up, much to my disbelief. Castillo has been a rare signature up to this point, but recently, he has done a few private signings. He was the last guy I needed on this Togers Leaders card. I wasn't about to chance it with a TTM, so I had to wait for a private signing. 

Castillo (b. 1957) played in the majors from 1981 to 1985 for the Tigers. He had 67 hits, 8 home runs and a .190 batting average. He won the World Series in 1984 with the Tigers. It shows that Topps used an old photo, since Castillo didn't play for the Tigers in 1986.

I mailed to the signing on February 28 and got the card back on April 14, for a 45-day TAT. I paid a fee of $15.00.

No comments: