Thursday, January 5, 2023

TTM Success - Pedro Powell

A trip through my box of early-to-mid 2000s Bowmans recently yielded me a couple prospective guys to send to TTM.  One of them, Pedro Powell, came back in November on two 2007 Bowmans.  That might be the most prolific year of Bowman that I hae in that box, as I got a ton from the former LCS when it closed.  I am glad when I can move some of those, since a lot of those plaeyrs have either moved on, or just don't sign.
Powell (b. 1984) was an 18th round pick by the Pirates in the 2003 June Amateur Draft out of Middle Georgia State University.  He played in the minors from 2003 to 2009 in the Pirates and Rays systems, reaching AA.  He had 547 hits, 1 home run and a .255 batting average.

I mailed to Powell on September 29 and got the cards back along with a note from Powell on November 26, for a 58-day TAT.

No comments: