Sunday, January 1, 2023

TTM Success - Lorenzo Cain

With the sheer amount of cards that I have, sometimes I am lucky to find a nice card that I'd like to get signed when a private signing comes up.  I knew about this purple refractor from 2016 Topps Chrome when I saw an announcement for a Lorenzo Cain signing, but figured it was well buried in my boxes of cards.  I happened to find it fairly quickly when I was looking for something else, so I went ahead and sent this off to the signing.  I figured if I didn't send it off then, I wouldn't have another chance to get it signed.  The card turned out nicely.

Cain (b. 1986) has played in the majors since 2010 for the Brewers and Royals.  He has 1,220 hits, 87 home runs and a .283 batting average.  He is a two-time All Star (2015 and 2018).  His best MVP finish was 3rd (2015, AL).  He won the World Series in 2015 with the Royals.

I mailed to the signing on October 28 and got the card back on November 21, for a 24-day TAT.

No comments: