Thursday, January 26, 2023

TTM Success - Luis Matos

When I saw that there was going to be a private signing with former Oriole, Luis Matos, I was excited.  I was never able to get him when he was an Oriole, and he hadn't been to an past Fan Fests that I had been so, so I would finally be able to get a few of his cards signed.  I couldn't settle on just a couple; I ended up sending out 6 cards.  The above 2005 Donruss Diamond Kings was the first card I thought of when I saw the news of the signing.  This card turned out nicely, even though the scan doesn't show Matos's signature as well as it looks in person.
I liked these two (a 2001 Fleer Futures and a 2005 Donruss Champions), and they turned out great.
Finally, I wanted a Topps card in the album, and settled on the 2006 (middle), but I really liked the 2004 Topps Chrome (left), so I added it to the pile.  When I went to scan the cards, I forgot why I had included the 2003 Upper Deck (other than the fact that I have very few 2003 Upper Deck anywhere) and I realized I had sent it because the card features Matos in a St. Louis Browns jersey.

Matos (b. 1978) played in the majors from 2000 to 2006 for the Orioles and Nationals.  He had 410 hits, 30 home runs and a .255 batting average.

I mailed to the signing on October 14 and got the cards back on December 8, for a 55-day TAT.

No comments: