Thursday, December 1, 2022

TTM Success - Ted Savage

This is another card that I pulled from my vintage Topps box and sent out for TTM.  This 1964 Topps Ted Savage card wouldn't have made it into a completed set, since it already had writing on it, so the next logical step was to get more writing on it in the form of Savage's signature.  I don't know what the writing is for; the card came that way from some old collection I picked up a while back.

Savage (b. 1937) played in the majors from 1962 to 1963 and from 1965 to 1971 for the Phillies, Pirates, Cardinals, Cubs, Dodgers, Reds, Brewers and Royals.  He had 321 hits, 34 home runs and a .233 batting average.

I mailed to Savage on October 17 and got the card back on November 7, for a 21-day TAT.  He also signed my note and my envelope.

No comments: