Sunday, December 18, 2022

TTM Success - Mike Schmidt

Back in 2020, I sent off two Mike Schmidt 1987 Topps cards to te Hall of Fame to try to get them signed for my set.  They came back signed, but by a ghost signer (not by Schmidt, himself).  I saw that he was added to the autograph lineup for the 2020 National that was to be held in Atlantic City that year, but it was later canceled.  This year in Atlantic City, Schmidt wasn't in the autograph lineup, so I had to wait a little bit longer to get my cards signed for real.  Finally, a promoter that I have used in the past sent me a message soliciting for a Schmidt signing (at a pretty high price).  I went ahead and paid the fees to get Schmidt into my set and not have to worry any more about getting these cards signed.
I was out of the All Star card after my ghost signing incident, so I had to rely on my good friend, Gerard to send me one that he had.  I got it in hand and sent off to the signing.  Both of the cards came back looking great, and are now in my album.  The long, drawn out drama of me adding Schmid to the set has been put to bed.

I mailed to the signing on September 28 and got the cards back on November 17, for a 50-day TAT.

No comments: