Thursday, July 14, 2022

TTM Success - David Walling

This 2001 Bowman Chrome looks rough, but in all actuality, it turned out pretty well in person.  I think the UV got roughed up when the card stuck to another one, but it doesn't really matter to me.  I was able to get this, and three other Bowman cards signed TTM by David Walling.
He signed the 01 Chrome, a 1999 Bowman, 1999 Bowman foil and a 2000 Bowman.  I really enjoy getting some of these cards out of that box and into my album.  I wish a few more of these guys were coaches around the minors and I could get some of them signed that way, as well.

Walling (b. 1978) was a first round (27th overall) pick in the 1999 June Amateur Draft by the Yankees out of the University of Arkansas.  He played in the minors from 1999 to 2002 in the Yankees system, reaching AAA.  He had a record of 24-24 with 283 strike outs and a 4.10 ERA.

I mailed to Walling on March 31 and got the cards back on May 12, for a 42-day TAT.

No comments: