Monday, July 18, 2022

TTM Success - Kyle Dowdy

Here is a Spring Training TTM success from earlier this season from Kyle Dowdy.  I sent these two 2019 Topps Update cards to Red Spring Training, and got them back signed in black ink.
I really enjoyed the 2019 Topps set, for some reason, and I was glad to see these two update cards get signed.  Dowdy never came through Kinston, but it is still really nice getting a Spring Training success (especially since I sent out to many, and didn't get a whole lot of them back).

Dowdy (b. 1993) played in the majors in 2019 for the Rangers.  He went 2-1 with 17 strike outs and a 7.25 ERA.  This season, he is in the Reds system, and has played at AAA with Louisville.  He is currently 1-2 with a 5.27 ERA and 32 strike outs.  I doubt those numbers will get him another shot at the Majors, unless injuries force the Reds hand.

I mailed to Dowdy on March 12 and got the cards back on May 16, for a 58-day TAT.

No comments: