Sunday, April 12, 2020

TTM Success - Corey Ragsdale

I got my first Spring Training TTM success back this year in February, and it was from former Wood Ducks manager, Corey Ragsdale.  I had bought these cards for the Wood Ducks hot stove event in January, but they didn't get here in time.
I asked Rags at the event, and he said that if I sent them to Spring Training, he would sign them.  He did!  I'm surprised they got to him, because I learned later that I was sending to the wrong address for the Rangers and Royals (they train at the same complex).  I got a few RTSs later on in Spring Training, so I called the complex and found out the proper addresses for both teams to get mail.

Ragsdale (b. 1982) was a 2nd round pick by the Mets in the 2001 June Amateur Draft out of an Arkansas high school.  He played in the Mets and Rangers minor league systems from 2001 to 2009, reaching AAA Norfolk (back when they were with the Mets) for 6 games in 2004.

Rags had 506 hits, 49 home runs and a .207 batting average across those 9 seasons.  Beginning in 2007, Ragsdale also tried his hand at pitching.  He appeared in 30 games between 2007 and 2009 and had a record of 4-2 with a 2.83 ERA and 41 strike outs.

Ragsdale is now a coach with the Rangers MLB team, his first stint in the big leagues (if the season can ever get started).  I see him as a future manager; it really is only a matter of time.

I mailed to Rags on February 6 via Rangers Spring Training and got the cards back on February 15, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: