Monday, September 9, 2013

Set Complete - 1971 Topps

It started Sunday, May 29, 2010 and ended today when I got the final two packages from Sportlots and COMC, respectively; I completed the 1971 Topps set.

I think it is awesome that my 'completer card' is the above Harmon Killebrew.  I could have sworn that I had already picked it up, but apparently I must have balked at a price or something, because I still needed it in the end.

I'm glad I didn't keep track of what I spent total on this set because it probably would make me cry, but I do know that I started it with an initial investment of $60 when I picked up the partial set at the Winston-Salem card show.

Now that I have put 1971 Topps to bed once and for all, I can now concentrate on 1959 and 1969 when I go to card shops and shows.  That will hopefully trim down the time needed to scan through boxes at shows.  We'll see though.

No comments: