Friday, September 27, 2013

Ebay Pickup - Chris Davis Sports Illustrated

Recently, Sports Illustrated featured Orioles slugger, Chris Davis, on a 'regional' cover.  Regional?  Odd.  Anyway, yeah, he was featured on a regional cover of SI, so I figured, I'm in eastern NC, I should have a good shot at being able to pick up this cover at a local news stand or bookstore.  Nope.  I went into several establishments that sold magazines, a few of them didn't even carry SI and the ones that did had some lame soccer player I've never heard of on the cover.  I had my spine, but no Orange Crush.

Luckily, there is this invention called Ebay, which I'm sure you all may have heard of.  Well, I went on Ebay and found someone selling multiples of the Davis SI (which I later found out had sold out in the Baltimore 'region' after being on stands only a couple hours) for $10 each, so I took the plunge and bought 3.  I got one for Ryan over at O No Another Orioles Blog, and my good buddy Michael who has no blog.

I haven't actually had the time to sit down and read the article on Davis, but I will soon.  I really like the fact that Orioles are starting to be recognized again.  The future is really looking bright for them, that's for sure.

No comments: