Thursday, May 17, 2012

Vintage Cards From Last Week's Card Show

I was able to knock a few cards off of some set needs at last week's show really cheaply.  I got the three below 1959 Topps cards for a dollar a piece and the 1971 Topps card for $5 since it is a high number.
The green Willard Nixon looks really cool, as always.  I also like the old Red Sox logo, the sock batting.  Really cool old logo, I think.
Here are a couple Kansas City Athletics cards, with the old elephant logo.  I sometimes forget that the A's logo was an elephant...
Finally, here is a pretty sharp 1971 Topps high number.  It is going to take me forever to finish the 1971 set, but slowly, I am chipping away at it.

I didn't buy much at the show, but I did come away with a few things, the most notable was my Catfish Hunter ball and my 1940 Play Ball Eric McNair.  I probably could have bought a lot more, but I did a good job of holding back and actually bringing a little money home.  I need to save up for Series 2 when it comes out in a couple weeks and I also have been eyeing a ball on Ebay for some time now.

1 comment:

Commishbob said...

Just so you know William, I've got Rip Coleman cued up to post in a few days. I don't want you thinking I'm cribbing him. ::grin::

Also I'm sending you an email re: Chuck Bednarik. That picture is just super. Great success!