Saturday, December 18, 2010

Some Card Show Pickups

I have been selling at the Raleigh Card Show the past 2 days. This is my first attempt to sell at a show; I will post more on my endeavours once the show is complete. What I want to do now is show off a few 1948 Bowmans that I picked up. I was finally able to knock a couple off of my want list after being stagnant in that area for months. I was able to pick up:

Ferris Fain

Ewell Blackwell

Barney McCosky

I like this set, there's not much to the cards, but sometimes simplicity works. I now have 15 of the 48 cards needed to complete the set, or 31%. Doesn't seem like I've gotten too far, but when you take note that I have gotten the Feller, Spahn, Musial and Schoendienst, I have done pretty well. I may look around again tomorrow, but we'll see. I got these 3 cards for $16 total, which isnt bad. I have bought a lot from the vendor, and I plan on buying more in the future. He's a really nice guy. I'll be back tomorrow night with more thoughts from the show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some great vintage pickups.

Ryan H said...

I've been meaning to make it down to Raleigh to that show for some time now... It's only a 2 hour drive from my house... one of these days.....