Tuesday, October 31, 2023

TTM Success - Shane Monahan

Here are a bunch more cards that I was able to pull from the boxes I got from the former LCS and get signed TTM. These cards from Shane Monahan are a nice mix of late 90s stuff that was just locked in the boxes and taking up space.  I love being able to move some of the cards and show them off.  The above 1998 Donruss is a nice card that looked pretty good when signed.
I also got a 1996 Topps, 1998 Bowman Chrome (both at top), 1997 Bowman Chrome and 1997 Bowman (both at bottom) signed. The 1997 Bowman Chrome had a little bit of fading, but the card still turned out well. A lot of those cards in that box seem to have gotten hot and the UV coating had gotten fairly cloudy.  The baby powder that I now use has done a great job on cleaning the UV coating off and yields to a great autograph (as opposed to some cards from that same box with the old powder that I used to use).

Monahan (b. 1974) played in the majors from 1998 to 1999 for the Mariners.  He had 53 hits, 4 home runs and a .235 batting average.

I mailed to Monahan on October 9 and got the cards back on October 21, for a 12-day TAT. 

No comments: