Wednesday, October 11, 2023

TTM Success - Quentin Holmes

Sometimes I'll take a shot on a TTM that I'm not sure will be successful.  That could be for many reasons like maybe I missed the guy when they came through, or maybe they hadn't signed in a long time and I want to take a shot.  In the case of Quentin Holmes, I didn't see him come through against the Wood Ducks, so I wanted to try to get a few of the cards that I stockpiled signed. It worked out this time.

The above 2018 Bowman Chrome purple refractor was picked up at some point with the hope that I'd see him come through Kinston.  He never did, so the card sat in my box for a couple of years.  I was so glad when it came back signed, as it looks great.
I sent off some of Holmes's other cards: 2017 Bowman Draft, 2017 Bowman Draft Chrome, 2018 Pro Debut and 2018 Topps Heritage Minors.  I like how all of the cards turned out.  I also liked how I was able to get them all out of the box and into the autograph album.

Holmes (b. 1999) was a second round pick by the Indians in the 2017 June Amateur Draft out of a New York high school. He played in the minors from 2017 to 2022 (missing 2020 due to the COVID shutdown) in the Indians system.  He reached AA.  He had 161 hits, 10 home runs and a .190 batting average. He played in Independent ball during the 2023 season.

I mailed to Holmes on February 2 and got the cards back on July 19, for a 167-day TAT.

No comments: