Friday, October 13, 2023

TTM Success - Dave Doorneweerd

Before Bowman tackled baseball's draft picks and prospects, there was 1992 Topps Stadium Club and 1992 Upper Deck Minors.  I ended up with a bunch of cards from both sets when I got a box of cards from my aunt and one from thr former LCS here in Winterville.   I went through both boxes and pulled a few guys to try TTM.  I got Dave Doorneweerd back recently, along with a note from his wife thanking me for requesting his autograph.
Doorbeweerd (b. 1972) was a second round pick by the Pirates out of Ridgewood High School in Florida during the 1991 June Amateur Draft.  He played in the minors from 1991 to 1996 in the Pirates and Angels systems.  He had a record of 23-39 with 468 strike outs and a 3.53 ERA.

I mailed to Doorneweerd on March 13 and got the cards back on August 19, for a 159-day TAT.

No comments: