Friday, October 27, 2023

TTM Success - Don Stanhouse

This is another TTM success that was initiated because I wanted to add a former Oriole to my autograph album. Of course, Don Stanhouse played for a few other teams, and I got more of those cards signed than Orioles.  Still, I got some good stuff signed and I am happy with how all of the cards turned out.
I had sent to Stanhouse back in 2016, but never got those cards back. I wonder if I used the wrong address or did the envelope just get lost.  Such is life when you send out hundreds of TTM requests in a year.
Stanhouse (b. 1951) played in the majors from 1972 to 1980 and 1982 for the Rangers, Expos, Orioles and Dodgers.  He had a record of 38-54 with 408 strike outs and a 3.84 ERA.  He was an All Star in 1979.

I mailed to Stanhouse on September 29 and got the cards back on October 14, for a 15-day TAT.  I had only send two cards (the 1973 Topps at the top and 1991 Crown Orioles card at the bottom). It was really cool of Stanhouse to include the extras.

No comments: