Monday, October 23, 2023

October 22, 2023, Chantilly Show Graphing Recap

What a weekend.  My good friend, Jesse, and I met up with another close friend, Ryan this weekend.  The three of us, along with Ryan's nephew Blayke, checked out the Chantilly show on Sunday.  I wanted to finish of the 1982 Topps Baltimore Orioles Future Stars card that I had already gotten signed TTM by Jeff Schneider and Bob Bonner.  That left Cal to get taken care of, which I finally aas able to do. 

Cal commented on the card in that I got Schneider and Bonner, which was cool.  He shook my and Jesse's hands.  He's always friendly, and I was happy to pay the fee to see Cal again.

I paid Bill's premium fee to get the "Rick Face" card signed, finally.  It took some digging in some Orioles boxes to find the card, but I located it and got it added to the autograph album. 


Bill was super friendly and happily posed for the picture.  He commented on my Oklahoma Cielo Azul hat.  I just checked, ND I wore the same hat last year and I recall that Bill commented on it then, too. 
The Sunday autograph lineup wasn't terribly impressive for me, but I saw that Steve Carlton was going to be there.  I decided that I'd pay his fee and get him on a card to add to my album.  He signs TTM for a fee, but I wanted to meet him.
Carlton was nice.  He was pretty soft-spoken and it was hard to hear him at points. Jesse and I were nervous when we were lining up for this picture.  Carlton told us to calm down, line the shot up properly and thanked us for coming.  It was really nice of him to not push us along and ensure that we got a good photo.

Jair Jurrjens was signing in the Forward Area, so I got two cards of his signed for his fee.  I got a 2010 Topps Chrome and a 2011 Topps signed.  Jurrjens has an awesome signature.

Jurrjens was really nice.  I'm glad that I read the lineup thoroughly and saw that he would be there.

I was on a pretty tight budget, but i was still able to find some cool stuff.  I worked on my 1955 Bowman set just a bit and also found some cool vintage cards to send TTM.  We'll see if I can get them in.

Thanks Ryan, Blayke and Jesse for the great time and thanks Jesse for keeping our ride ti and from Ryan's house interesting and the photo ops.

1 comment:

Jafronius said...

Very cool, congrats on the pickups, especially the Ripken!