Saturday, February 8, 2020

TTM Success - Troy O'Leary

Here are a few cards from the late 90s/early 2000s that I was able to get signed TTM by Troy O'Leary.  He kind of used a fading Sharpie, but the cards are ok, I think.  I have a bunch of signed 1998 Topps, but I hadn't added any new ones in a while.
I was surprised that this 2002 Topps bubbled like it did.  I maybe should have prepped it, but I hadn't had to in the past.  Maybe it was the marker he used.

O'Leary (b. 1969) played in the majors from 1993 to 2003 for the Brewers, Red Sox, Expos and Cubs.  He had 1,100 hits, 127 home runs and a .274 batting average.

I mailed to O'Leary on October 23 and got the cards back on January 4, for a 73-day TAT.  I had sent him 3 cards, but the third was either lost in the mail (he didn't seal the envelope), or he kept it.

No comments: