Friday, April 29, 2011

Hidden in my Collection - 1960 Topps Carl Yastrzemski RC


I picked up this card at my former card shop when a guy came in looking to unload some cards. I think he was in a financial bind, so he was willing to sell me this card for only $50. I think I did a heck of a job on this one, if I do say so myself.

As you can see, the card isn't in mint condition, but it looks good and I believe I got a good deal.

The best part was going to my brother's house later that night and showing him the rookie card of one of his favorite Red Sox players. I'm not the type who gloats, but i couldn't help it with this card.

Getting a Yastrzemski rookie this easy was nice. I need to try to get some more RCs of hall of famers, but I'm so hung up on getting their autographs on baseballs. Oh well, I think I have time.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Even if its a Red Sox player, a Hall of Famer is a Hall of Famer, and even with the damaged you made out like a bandit for $50! Nice!