Thursday, September 2, 2010

I need some help... maybe

Hi everyone. So, I won a T206 card off of ebay, and I was fully aware of the condition it was in. I got the card for less than $15 bucks, so I'm really satisfied with it. However, I may need some help with it. Maybe.
As you can see, the card is a Polar Bear back, which is pretty awesome, but, someone pasted it into an album. I'm thinking that it might be possible to remove the paper, but I don't want to try anything that will mess the card up worse than it already is, AND I think, maybe the paper adds something to it.

Sooooo, anyone got any thoughts? Leave it as it is or try to restore the card as best I can??

6 comments:

Drew said...

I say attempt taking off the paper I guess, but good luck. Don't ask me I guess, wait for more response. And where's a scan of the front???? Haha

gritz76 said...

Check this out, it may help. http://www.trentonian.com/articles/2010/08/12/opinion/doc4c64c4aacc70d742694589.txt

He had a video up too but I don't see it anymore.

William Regenthal said...

Ok, thanks. Drew, I'll post the front of it when I finish my Columbia stuff (should be tomorrow). Also, have an interesting trip coming this weekend, that I'm hoping Max blogs as well...

William Regenthal said...

Gritz, the link didn't work.

Captain Canuck said...

i saw a video of a guy who took a bunch of tobacco cards glued onto paper.... he threw them into a pot of boiling water. seriously.

it pretty much seperated by itself.

then he put 'em between paper towel and pressed them dry with about 30 lbs of books.

see if you can find it on youtube.

(...Joe) said...

Same as Canuck. I saw that video not too long ago as well and it worked perfectly.