Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another Tobacco Card - Rube Waddell

I got another T206 off of Ebay last week for a very reasonable price (under $30.00) because of watching Ken Burns' 'Baseball.'
A 1909-1911 T206 Rube Waddell. As you can see, it is in rough shape, but I'm still happy. Below shows that it is a Piedmont back card, which is pretty cool as well.
Hearing stories about Waddell are pretty funny. He would chase fire trucks during games. Opposing fans found that they could distract him by holding up puppies or shiny objects. He was Manny Ramirez before Manny. I bet, if he were playing today, he would be crucified by the news media (and probably diagnosed with some form of mental disorder). I doubt we'd see headlines that read 'Rube being Rube.'

4 comments:

Carl Crawford Cards said...

Another awesome score!

Waddell was an all time great.

Drew said...

Awesome card! Again!

Anonymous said...

Rube Waddell is actually a very distant uncle of mine. We share the same last name. I have both of his T206 cards from this set, congrats on the card!

William Regenthal said...

Awesome Aaron. I'm glad you enjoyed the post.