Thursday, March 14, 2024

TTM Success - Bret Barberie

Finally, my signed cards from a SCN private signing with Bret Barberie came in today.  He had apparently used black Sharpie when he was supposed to use blue, so the return of the cards got delayed.  The promoter replaced my cards that had gotten signed in black, which he didn't have to do.  The above 1995 Topps was one of the replacement cards, and I am happy to get it.  One of the reasons why I wanted to do the signing was because Barberie was in some great early Marlins uniforms. I also like the background of this card; the storm clouds brewing really create a great look on the card.
I had sent 4 cards; a 1993 Topps Team Stadium Club, 1995 Collectors Choice SE, 1993 Upper Deck Marlins checklist and a 1995 Topps Traded (which showed Barberie in an Orioles uniform).

I fully intend to fill out the 93 Upper Deck.  The delay in the cards caused me to miss a signing with Orestes Destrade.  Hopefully another with him pops up soon.  The promoter sent me back an extra 1995 Collectors Choice SE signed in blue since mine was in black.
Here's the 1995 Topps Traded, which I was lucky to have in the first place.  I got a card of Barberie in an Orioles uniform signed, and that's fine with me.

Barberie (b. 1967) played in the majors from 1991 to 1996 for the Expos, Marlins, Orioles and Cubs.  He had 388 hits, 16 home runs and a .271 batting average.  He finished 5th in the 1991 NL Rookie of the Year voting. 

I mailed to the signing on November 16 and got the cards back today (March 14), for a 119-day TAT.  I got a special on the signing; 4 cards for $50.

No comments: