Tuesday, March 12, 2024

TTM Success - BJ Surhoff

For some reason, I thought BJ Surhoff didn't sign TTM. It hadn't really occurred to me to check, but I saw he had signed for someone recently, so I pulled a few cards quickly and sent them out. I was happy when they came back fast, and looked great.  The above 1999 Circa was an interesting random card that I found in my box. 
I also sent out a 2003 Topps Chrome and a 2006 Topps.  They all turned out great.  I had several more cards I'd have wanted to get signed, but stopped at 3.

Surhoff (b. 1964) played in the majors from 1987 to 2005 for the Brewers, Orioles and Braves.  He had 2,326 hits, 188 home runs and a .282 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1999, when he also had his only MVP votes; he finished 18th in the AL MVP race that season.

He appeared on the 2011 Hall of Fame ballot, but received only 0.3% of the vote.  I mailed to Surhoff on February 27 and got the cards back on March 11, for a 13-day TAT. 

1 comment:

Ginko-5 said...

Wow! 13 days is really good. I actually just got the '06 Surhoff (it will be part of a post I'm releasing in a few days). Great additions all around.