Friday, February 16, 2024

TTM Success - Alonzo Mourning

Several weeks ago, my friend, Jack, asked me to check on some addresses for him to see if I could get any confirmations.  One of the addresses was one he had seen for Alonzo Mourning.  I wasn't 100% sure about what I found, but Jack seemed convinced that it was a good address.  Surprisingly, not too long after that, I found the above Mourning card in one of my boxes.  I decided to take a shot and test the address I had found to see if Mourning would sign my card TTM.  I was pleasantly surprised when it came back signed!

Mourning (b. 1970) played in the NBA from 1992 to 2008 (missing the 2002-2003 season) for the Hornets, Heat and Nets.  He had 14,311 points, 7,137 total rebounds and 946 assists.  He finished second in the 1992-1993 Rookie of the Year voting (to Shaq) and was an All Star 7 times. He won the NBA Championship with the Heat in 2006.  He was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2014.

I mailed to Mourning on January 8 and got the card back on February 10, for a 33-day TAT. 

1 comment:

Matt said...

Great grab! I still remember him battling my Knicks with the heat