Monday, December 18, 2023

TTM Success - Delmon Young

Finally.  I have waited 7 years for a private signing with Delmon Young to come up so I could get a 2015 Topps signed.  Young was the catalyst for my greatest in person baseball memory.  He launched a 3-run double in game 2 of the 2014 ALDS to allow the Orioles to come from behind and beat the Tigers and go up 2 games to none in the best of 5 series.  That was the loudest I had ever heard Camden Yards.  It was an amazing feeling, and it still gives me chills today when I watch it.  I sill can't believe I was there.  I was so excited to open 2015 Topps and see that the moment was captured on a Topps flagship card.

Young (b. 1985) played in the majors from 2006 to 2015 for the Rays, Twins, Tigers, Phillies and Orioles.  He had 1,162 hits, 109 home runs and a .283 batting average.  He finished 2nd in the 2007 AL Rookie of the Year voting and was 10th in the 2010 AL MVP voting.  He was the 2012 ALCS MVP.  

I mailed to the signing on November 6 and got the card back on December 11, for a 35-day TAT. I paid a fee of $25.00.

1 comment:

Ryan H said...

I was and still am very happy that we got to witness that moment together in-person. I wonder what that card would look like if it were the gold parallel?