Thursday, August 17, 2023

Some Autos From Josh and Matt

My Wood Duck friends, Josh and Matt, went up to Hickory a couple weeks ago while Hudson Valley was in town.  They took the cards I failed to get signed on my trip, split them, and got a few.signed for me.

I was really glad they were able to get Spencer Jones to sign, because he completely ignored Chris and I.  Folks at the Hudson Valley game we went to kept telling us how great a guy Jones was; I didn't see him interact with folks quite like I was told he would.  I later found out that he's a lot tougher to get to sign that I was originally led to believe.  So, my cards are signed and I don't have to worry about asking him again. 
I didn't see Antonio Gomez until just before the game started when we were there.  Drew Thorpe was the starter, so he wasn't signing pregame anyway.  Sergio Santos ignored Chris and I.  Then, of course, the game was cut short due to the storm thar rolled in, so we didn't get another chance to ask for signatures.  Thankfully, Josh and Matt both got these cards signed for me.
Josh also included a couple more custom cards he made from his and Matt's MLB The Show game.  These are some pretty unique customs.
Finally, Josh surprised me with an old card from his T-ball days.  I still can't understand why he signed across his face.  I gave him a hard time (all in good fun) for signing over his face.

Josh and Matt are good dudes.  Both have been instrumental in getting a lot of cards signed for me this season.  They've really embraced graphing and seem to enjoy it.

Thanks guys for taking these cards and getting them signed for me.  It takes a lot of the annoyance away from me having missed getting them done on my trip.

No comments: