Monday, August 7, 2023

2023 National Paid Signer - Torii Hunter

My first paid signer for this year's National was Torii Hunter.  I got the above 2013 Bowman Chrome insert in a 5,000-count box of cards that my friend, Trevor, gave me a couple years ago. I always liked the card, and when I saw that Hunter would be at the National, he was one of the first signers that I decided to get.  The card turned out awesome. 

Hunter (b. 1975) played in the majors from 1997 to 2015 for the Twins, Angels and Tigers.  He had 2,452 hits, 353 home runs and a .277 batting average.  He was a 5-time All Star (2002, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2013).  His best MVP finish was 6th (AL, 2002) and was a two-time Silver Slugger Award winner.

Hunter was so nice.  He talked about my Bean Suppah jersey and hat, which he liked.  We also talked about how he used to put his glove in the microwave to punish it when he'd make an error.  I always loved that story.  He really is a great guy.  I hope he comes back to the National.  I'd pay to meet him again.


1 comment:

Jafronius said...

Always enjoyed Hunter play, so very cool!