Sunday, August 20, 2023

August 19, 2023, Graphing of Revolution at Rockers

Yesterday, Chris and I met up with my friend, Tyler, and the three of us graphed York Revolution at High Point Rockers.  I had wanted to get back to High Point since my two cards of Daikan Yoh (aka Dai-Kang Yang) came in.  The above 2013 Topps Tribute WBC card turned out amazingly.  It should have; I spent a good bit on the card.
I had also picked up this awesome Japanese card of Yoh.  This also looks awesome.
I had a bunch of cards pulled for High Point, so I graphed them by the dugout pregame.  I got most of the guys I needed, so we graphed by our seats at the York dugout post game.  I only needed a few York guys, so I finished off who I could outsode post game, then went over to the High Point side and finished off everyone I could over there.  I finally was able to get Cam Bedrosian when he was one of the last guys out of the clubhouse.  I was really happy to get the above 2014 Topps Update red foil card signed.
I picked uo a team set for High Point before the end of the game, and was able to get a few guys on that.  I also got a 2011 Bowman Chrome Taylor Guerreiri and some 2018/2019 Shed Long cards out of the boxes.
I didn't sweat too hard over trying to get the team set guys done. I just got who I saw.  I probably will try to finish some of those guys off if they come back next season.  The set was cheap enough; I'm just happy with what I got. 
Between Chris, Tyler and I, all of the Frank Viola cards I had pulled over the course of the last two seasons have been signed.  I'll have to do a deep dive through some of my boxes if I want to find more cards of him.
These two might be my favorite Viola cards that I added to the album.
There weren't a whole lot of York guys with cards, but I was still able to get a few things done. I did miss Richard Urena, so that was disappointing. 
Tyler gave me a 2020 Bowman Drew Mendoza, since I couldn't find any in my Bowman box.  I also had the above Nellie Rodriguez sitting on my desk for quite a long time.  It is now resting in the album, finally out of the way.

In all, I got the following autographs: Cam Bedrosian x 4, Ryan Dull x 2, Albert Gonzalez x 1, Taylor Guerreri x 2, Shed Long Jr × 7, Frank Viola x 21, Dai Kang Yang x 2, Joe Johnson x 1, Trent Giambrone x 2, Drew Mendoza x 1 and Nellie Rodriguez x 2 (45 total autographs). 

No comments: