Friday, August 11, 2023

2023 National Paid Signer - Jim Thome

Jim Thome was the next paid signer insaw at this year's National. I had found this 2003 Stadium Club in the boxes I got from the old card shop and thought it would look cool in my album.  It turned out pretty nicely.

Thome was really nice.  We talked about his time in Kinston, which was really cool.  I had actually gotten to him when the line was about done, so that gave me a little more time to talk with him.

My friend, Michael went through the line with me and took some pictures while I talked with Thome.  Above is Thome's reaction when I told him I have season tickets in Kinston.  He also thanked me for coming out and shook my hand.

1 comment:

Grant said...

Jim Thome might be my favorite player of all-time. Just a great dude. Nice snag!