Sunday, August 13, 2023

2023 National Free Signer - Doug Plank

The next free signer at the National was former Chicago Bear, Doug Plank.  I had zero cards of him, so I had to take advantage of the ones a dealer had for sale at $5/card. A definite overpay, until once realizes how hard it would have been to get into a table and search for Plank's cards at the show. My time was worth $5/card for sure.
I went through the line for Plank with my brother's buddy, Nick, who had come to the show for the day.  Nick had the platinum pass that gets you to the front of the line, so he let me use it with him.  He went with me to see several of the Saturday signers, and I helped him get one of his.  I'll probably post that later.  Had my brother come to the show, he probably would still be talking to Plank.  Plank was very personable and animated while telling stories.  I enjoyed meeting him.

Plank (b. 1953) played professionally from 1975 to 1982 for the Bears.  He had 15 interceptions across 101 games in his career.

No comments: