Thursday, March 31, 2022

TTM Success - Ryan Merritt

A couple more cards came out of my minors box with this TTM success from Ryan Merritt.  I'm happy to reduce down some of these old Heritage Minors and Bowman sets, as long as it adds cards to my album.  I've done a better job keeping those cards organized, but I probably can do even better.  Graphing season is about to start, and I hope to move a bunch of stuff this year.  We'll have to see how that goes.
Merritt (b. 1992) played in the majors from 2016 to 2017 for the Indians.  He had a record of 3-0 with 13 strike outs and a 1.71 ERA.  Those are some pretty good stats for someone to have only pitched for 2 years in the majors.  I looked a little further, and Merritt pitched at Durham in 2019 to a 7.04 ERA and in the Dominican Winter League in 2020 to an ERA of 5.00.  It looks like he is out of baseball now, which is a shame.

I mailed to Merritt on November 3 and got the cards back on February 18, for a 107-day TAT.

No comments: