Wednesday, October 19, 2016

TTM Success - Buck Farmer

I received a TTM success from Tigers pitcher Buck Farmer yesterday after sending to him at Comerica Park on April 13.  I don't normally send to active players, but I heard that Farmer is a pretty good signer, so I figured I would give it a shot.  The above 2015 Topps Finest card turned out pretty nice, regardless of the beading of the ink.
I liked these two offerings from 2015 as well.  If I remember correctly, I found the 2015 Bowman right before I out the envelope together for the TTM, so it barely made the cut to be sent out.

Farmer (b. 1991) has played in the majors since 2014 for the Tigers.  So far, he has pitched in 32 games, but has yet to register a win.  He is 0-6 with a 6.84 ERA and 62 strike outs.  I wonder how long of a leash he will have in the majors if he keeps carrying that high of an ERA?

I mailed to Farmer on April 13 and got the cards back yesterday, for a 188-day TAT.

No comments: