Monday, October 10, 2016

Ryne Sandberg Rookie From Neil

I was enjoying the playoff games today so much, that I almost bypassed doing a post tonight.  Mail didn't run today, due to Columbus Day, but with all of the flooding in this area, I doubt it would have ran anyway.

So, I wanted to show a card that I got as a gift recently while I was having a lunch meeting with my client and friend, Neil, and his brother, Mike.  We met at a BBQ restaurant in Kinston and talked baseball for a little while.  Neil surprised me at the outset of the meeting with this really nice 1983 Fleer Ryne Sandberg rookie card.  I actually bought one of these from a bargain bin at the National, but it was a gift for my little buddy, Max/  Now, since Neil gave me this one, I can have one of my own!!

I really appreciated the gift, Neil!  It will go with my other Hall of Fame rookies!

No comments: