Saturday, October 29, 2016

End-of-Season Orioles Topps Now Cards

The Orioles were bounced pretty quickly from the playoffs, but the days leading up to that moment were some of the most exciting and tense days that I remember as a fan.  The Orioles squeaked into the Wild Card Game after a sub-par August.  Their September was much better, and they got in.  Only to lose to the Blue Jays.

Topps issued a few Topps Now cards to commemorate the moments from the last day of the season when Matt Wieters hit two home runs against the Yankees in Yankee Stadium to punch their ticket to the post season.
I bought the clincher card and also the Wieters, since he is likely to leave once he becomes a free agent after the World Series is over.  I wanted to get a few of his cards that they are finally issuing.
Before the Wild Card Game, I spent the $49.99 for the "If The Os Win Then You Win" playoff set.  Little did I know, they didn't win.  Oh well.  The set is nice, albeit over priced.  It would have been great if they had gone farther, then I would have been able to have cards added to the set.  It does provide for a new Davis for the PC, so it's not a total loss.

No comments: